Violent Crimes and Assault Defense Lawyers
A conviction for a violent crime carries strict consequences, including a long period of incarceration and prolonged probation. This severity in sentencing stems from a desire to punish the alleged perpetrator and remove dangerous individuals from society.
We have extensive experience defending clients in cases of violent crimes. If you have been charged with murder, felonious assault, assault, robbery, burglary, manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter, vehicular homicide, domestic violence, menacing, battery, or any other violent crime, we can defend you. Our team of attorneys at Synenberg & Associates, LLC, led by former Assistant United States Attorney Roger Synenberg, has provided effective legal defense to numerous clients charged with having committed a violent crime. In his over 30 years of litigation experience, Roger Synenberg has participated in countless criminal cases and trials and understands the law and the criminal justice system.
We Deliver Results:
- Our client, a former police officer, was charged with Aggravated Murder. We successfully argued that our client was acting in self-defense and the jury acquitted him of all charges.
- Our client, who was involved in a fight at a Cleveland Browns game, was charged with felonious assault and faced a prison sentence of 2 to 8 years. We proceeded to trial. At trial, the alleged victim and multiple eye witnesses testified against our client. The jury returned a verdict of not guilty.
- Our client was one of five individuals accused of robbing a bank. All five defendants proceeded to trial. Our client was the only defendant found not guilty.
- We led the legal defense in the first federal death penalty case in Northern Ohio since 1979. The government aggressively pursued the death penalty. The jury rejected the request and, instead, delivered a prison sentence.
- Our client pled guilty to Conspiracy to Commit Aggravated Murder after offering money to an undercover agent, posing as a hit man, to kill her husband. Our client received the minimum sentence of 3 years.
We question police records and procedures, cross examine witnesses, argue for the suppression of evidence and use every available tool to cast doubt on the government’s case.
If you are facing a violent crime charge, please call us immediately. We offer free initial consultations. We are also available for evening and weekend appointments and are conveniently located near the Federal, Cuyahoga County and Cleveland courthouses in downtown Cleveland. Contact us at 216-622-2727.