The collapse of the subprime mortgage market not only threatened the stability of the entire global economy, it also encouraged prosecutors to investigate and pursue individuals and businesses on fraud charges.
If you or your company has been implicated in a single instance or a pattern of fraud in mortgage lending, mortgage assignments or property appraisal, contact the criminal defense firm of Synenberg, Coletta & Moran, LLC in Cleveland. We have more than 60 years of experience with the defense of people facing fraud charges of all kinds.
Our deep familiarity with the state and federal system from the grand jury process to sentencing and appeal allows our lawyers to work toward minimizing your exposure to punishment. We represent borrowers, lenders, mortgage originators, mortgage brokers, appraisers, real estate agents, title agents and building contractors who face actual or potential fraud charges related to mortgage lending.
Our attorneys advise people exposed to federal or state prosecution for:
- Mortgage flipping
- Predatory lending
- False appraisals
- False identification of the borrower
- False representations as to the borrower’s income, expenses or solvency
- False statements to federally insured financial institutions
We Deliver Results:
- Our client, the owner of a real estate agency, was charged by the State with engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity and mortgage fraud. Prior to trial, the prosecutor dismissed all charges.
- Our client was one of 17 defendants charged in a federal mortgage fraud case. Every other defendant pled guilty. Despite the lead defendant testifying against our client at trial, a jury acquitted our client of all charges.
AV-rated* criminal trial lawyer Roger Synenberg is a former Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Northern District of Ohio. He has focused on federal criminal practice throughout his entire career. His understanding of what the government needs to prove against you on a mortgage fraud charge can give you a significant advantage both in plea negotiations and at trial.
If you are facing charges of mortgage fraud, please call us for experienced fraud defense immediately. We offer free initial consultations. We are also available for evening and weekend appointments and are conveniently located near the Federal, Cuyahoga County and Cleveland courthouses in downtown Cleveland. Contact us at 216-622-2727.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.