Under most circumstances, driving while intoxicated will be charged as a misdemeanor. Fines, a short jail sentence and a suspension of your driver’s license are serious consequences, but hardly life-changing. If you were involved in an accident, however, you might be facing a felony charge in addition to your DUI arrest.
If you’re confronted with the risk of prison for felony charges resulting from a DUI in Cleveland or northeast Ohio, contact Synenberg & Associates for a free consultation with a seasoned criminal trial lawyer. Holding Martindale-Hubbell’s AV peer review rating*, Roger Synenberg has more than 30 years of criminal defense experience. He’s also been listed in Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine each year since 2005.
Our law firm’s success over the last 25 years allows us to limit our caseload to ensure personalized client service and a highly proactive approach in every case we accept. In many cases, we’re able to commit more time and attention than the prosecution can to the factual details that can make or break the case against you. Our ability to investigate accident scenes and driver behavior with outstanding forensic support in DUI accident cases can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case.
Our attorneys represent people facing such felony DUI charges as the following:
- Vehicular homicide
- Aggravated vehicular homicide
- Vehicular assault
- Aggravated vehicular assault
- Fourth and sometimes third DUI arrests
- DUI charges aggravated by circumstances such as fleeing police or hit and run
At Synenberg & Associates, our focus on details and thorough preparation can help assure you that your defense will reflect the best efforts of experienced and accomplished trial attorneys. We also emphasize close interaction with our clients, so that you’ll feel confident about the quality of our advice when you need to decide between a plea offer and a trial defense. Nobody can make that decision for you.
We Deliver Results:
- Our client pled guilty to Aggravated Vehicular Homicide and Driving While Intoxicated and faced a mandatory prison sentence of 2 to 8 years. Our client received the minimum sentence of 2 years.
- Our client pled guilty to Aggravated Vehicular Assault and Driving While Intoxicated after causing a head on collision on the highway. Our client faced a mandatory prison sentence of 1 to 5 years. Despite our client having a previous DUI conviction, he received the minimum sentence of 1 year.
For more information about our ability to protect your interests in felony cases related to DUI, please call us immediately. We offer free initial consultations. We are also available for evening and weekend appointments and are conveniently located near the Federal, Cuyahoga County and Cleveland courthouses in downtown Cleveland. Contact an attorney at 216-622-2727.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.